Sunday, April 04, 2010

Fools Gold!

The Captain just couldn’t resist copying and pasting some of the many comments we received about his little April Fool’s joke. Beware, there is some foul language from some of our devoted readers! :-)

  • Following this sign is each reader’s comment after Todd told them this was an April Fool’s joke.

Enjoy the comments, most of you will see your own printed in the update, along with other folks you know!

The crew of Life’s2Short wishes you and yours a wonderful Easter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bobbi Gelberg Anderson commented on your link: "WOW is all I can say! That's a lot to digest. Good luck in whatever the next chapter is. I know it'll be a wonderful adventure for both of you."

----------

WOW IS RIGHT. . . .WE CAN'T BELIEVE THAT!! IT SURE SOUNDS LIKE A GREAT DEAL, (That's what you call a 'Bluebird' - Just flew into your window!) NOT TOO MANY BOAT OWNERS CAN EVER SAY THEY GOT WHAT THEY ORIGINALLY PAID FOR THEIR BOAT. CONGRATS, YOU TWO. SORRY TO SEE YOU SELL THE BOAT, THO', WE WERE PLANNING ON HOOKING UP WITH YOU SOMEWHERE. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO FROM HERE. . . . .NOT GO BACK TO WORK YET, ARE YOU??

CONGRATS AGAIN!!

DON & ROSIE

  • You are an A_ _ Hole!! Good One. . . . . I WILL get even!

----------

Wow! I am devastated. I feel like after over 2 years of following your adventures, that I am loosing a member of my family. I cannot tell you how entertaining, enlightening and educational your blog has been to me. My biggest regret was the fact that I was not ready to purchase the L2S from you. A beautiful well maintained craft like that does not come along that often in that price range. I know parting with her will be a struggle. I have spent the last two years being so envious of the life you were LIVING! As I am still stuck here with the City of Jacksonville for at least one more year before I can (hopefully) sell my house, I boat dream every day. I was hoping for the day that we could do some cruising together and I could live that dream at eight knots with the L2S off the port bow.

Best of luck to you both. Hope to see you cruising again someday.

Bob

  • You guys are sick! but yes you can throw me under the bus on the next blog addition. Good one!

----------

Dave Clarkson commented on your link: "Awesome. Main point is it's not important to know what the next chapter is, but that realizing you have a new chapter/opportunity coming up! That should set the excitement and imagination on full throttle!!!"

  • Fu**er!

----------

Brian Wadell commented on your link: "WOW! Big news. I don't know whether to offer congrats or condolences. You know what they say about the two happiest days in a life of boat owners? Wow."

  • Dang you! You did get me because the story was very believable. I should have known better. Good one.

----------

YOU BIG DOGS>.. Be Cool Fred Pfeiffer

  • Fred was one of the only folks that actually called us. He was a past boss of Todd’s and called to offer him a job!

----------

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2010 11:06:53 -0500

From: Duran, Shelly

Hahahahah...I can't believe you conned Brenda into going along with that...You trouble maker you!!!

From Brenda: For the record, Shelly, I was NOT in favor of his little prank. I even forewarned my sister-in-law so she wouldn't tell my mom and get her hopes up!

From Shelly: I didn't think you would participate In his pranks...what a goofy man you're married too!!! I think it's hysterical that everyone immediately thought you were with child...well have fun hearing from all your friends today!!!

----------

Harriet Lewis commented on your link: "Am I good or what!! Two happiest day in a boater's life, when they buy a boat and when they sell a boat! Congrats!"

  • HORSES ASS

Mike & Harriet

----------

Todd, Just read your blog and all I can say is WOW! I'm sure this is a very weird day for you. Great news you got a good price for her but I'm sure you'll miss her a lot. Life is all about taking opportunities as they come and all things happen for a reason. Keep us posted on your plans and let us know if you still plan a trip to Key West. We understand if you can't. If you want to do a land yacht trip down just let us know. You are welcome to the front cabin. Cheers, Doug

  • LOL!!!!! I didn't even realize it was April 1. You got us good.

See you in a few days. Doug

----------

What ARE you going to do now???????Please come to my party!!!!! Congratulations - hope it is what you want.....things happen for a reason. Love you – Susan

SR Connelly commented on your link: "Congrats! We know how you feel....having recently sold our beloved sailboat. But - we are enjoying our new life and looking forward to doing some chartering in exotic ports. Maybe you will join us on one! And we have Lake Powell to think about, too! "

The following was a snippet from an I.M. on Facebook with SR Connelly.

Todd - you ok with it??????

12:46pmTodd

Yes honey, just fine!

12:47pmSR

Oh, good - is it back to work or another boat???

12:47pmTodd

April Fools! Gotcha!

12:48pmSR

No waaaaay!

12:48pmTodd

Wayyyyyyy! :-):-)

12:48pmSR

Oh, man - you are good!!

12:48pmTodd

Yes I am, and don't forget it!

Are you laughing?

Don’t tell Jack.

12:48pmSR

Yes, and hollering out the window at Jack - he is raking...

I won't!!!

----------

Brenda & Todd,

Good thing I listened to Robin, I was going to tell you what I really thought of you.

Warren

  • NOT FUNNY TODD, We're not you're friends anymore!

April Fools,

Robin

Robin Bucher Kelly commented on your link: "Not very funny, Todd! Next chapter?..I know..No friends!!!"

----------

Quick note to say that I am in shock, but certainly understand the decision. I knew all along that I was going to blow my opportunity to be on the boat by not making it a priority, and here I am, stranded on land! Bottom line – you have had four great years living in the moment, making new friends, and enjoying a lifestyle that suits you. This isn’t the end, just a new chapter. I am proud of you for what you have done and how well you have done it. I am truly glad to be your friend. Of course you will update us on what comes next – I will be prepared for anything.

Mike Jungers

  • I take back every warm and fuzzy thing I said!

Mike Jungers

----------

WOW....Great Offer....We had similar luck selling ours (1 wk to sell her) but the downside was paying the broker 6% Well good luck.....if you buy a motorhome you can still catch up with us for destinations unknown. Seriously, What do you plan to do next. A bit of advice....We'll never get the sea out of our veins. Land cruising is great but not as GREAT as cruising aboard Loveknot. Are we sorry we sold her? Absolutely not. It was the right time and the right price. Since we sold her, he found an additional problem of water in the keel. Entry was the shaft log. He had the problem fixed for another $10,000 Oh well, What's money. I'm just glad it wasn't our money. Congratulations....keep the blog going. WE LOVE READING ABOUT YOUR ADVENTURES. Mary and George

  • Just wait.....getting even , and not knowing when it is going to happen can drive some nuts....George is an expert in this area.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • I'm actually glad to hear that it was April fools, and not real. I was disappointed and feared you wouldn't like being confined back on shore. Well be safe and enjoy the Chesapeake this summer.

----------

Julie Hill commented on your link: "Um... Is the answer to what are we going to do now?" actually "say APRIL FOOLS!" ????"

----------

Talk about speechless!! Just like when you started this epic voyage it is the right thing to do or it would not have worked out this way.

Can't wait to hear what happens next. We are going to be in D. C. from April 17 through the 21st, after that I am available to assist in anyway needed.

Nila said she cried when she read the news, I have a lump in my throat, but you still have a place to stay when you want/need it.

"E"

  • ASSHOLE! Did anyone else get taken in as much as we did?

“E”

  • Greetings on the day after I was sucked in by the most convincing April Fool's joke ever perpetrated on a group of people. Did the people you were shaking hands with know what they were a part of? I was in so much shock that I did not notice the names, nice touch. You "pulled" the wool over our eyes with a Polish touch. Most true Polish names end in "ski".

"E"

----------

So, I'm sitting here reading this again, and have read the blog twice. I find myself almost in tears. Though we had already met prior to Life's 2 Short, that is where our friendship nurtured and grew to the warm relationship we have today. Of course, I knew you were going to do this sometime, but you just don't think sometime is going to come. I truly am happy for you, and am eagerly awaiting your next adventure, hoping you take some time in your transition to spend some time at Our Sunset Point of View while you decide on your new course. Love you guys......Good Luck... The Iceman

  • I'm gonna kick your ass!!!!!!!You got me good. But it was nice feeling the friendship it brought out in me. I was on the pontoon when I read it yesterday. Saw Keith at the falls and told him, but said " If it wasn't a Todd April Fool joke". He said you were capable of it. It was well worded and very believable. Glad I still have my room. The Iceman

----------

ELizabeth Tracy commented on your link: "WOW! Pete and I wish you luck wherever the next adventure takes you! :)"

----------

Cindy Wood Yurchak commented on your link: "Wow!! I can't believe it! Dave will want to know when your coming back!!"

----------

Christian Wise commented on your link: "It seems like an April Fool's joke......"

----------

Dave Clarkson commented on your link: "Todd! That’s great. Knowing you are moving back, I just went in and quit my job, sold my car real cheap and am listing my house for sale as we speak so I can free myself up to go do some fishing with you when you get back! I'll be a bit cold in my tent for a month or so in April, but I assume you wont mind if I move into your basement when you get out here?"

----------

Ha Ha! Very funny . . . . April’s Fool !! Nice one slick . . but you can’t pull the wool over my eyes!!!

Debbie

----------

SHOULD I EVEN OPEN AN EMAIL LIKE THAT ON APRIL 1ST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT maybe tomorrow though

Woodja

----------

April Phoulinski? very clever guys. Have fun in Key West. "Happy April Phoulinski Day! Love and miss you both, Colleen

----------

What … you sold our home away from home?

Congratulations … I am sure that presents a whole new set of wonderments. It will certainly be interesting to see how everything develops as once again you become landlubbers!

Always know 884 W. Brookshire is open to you.

Land Ahoy!

Bob Eckels

  • Well now I feel better. Glad I didn’t tell anyone but Linda.

Disappointing that I bit so easy … but hey I’m on medication!

Bob Eckels

----------

Wow that is really nice, sorry I won’t get to cruise with you guys one day if that day ever comes, have a new girl friend she's pretty awesome, but a land lover!

So we will see if I ever make it to sea!

Congratulations,

Dave

  • You did get me, I thought what a stroke of luck in this market, but I know how you guys keep your boat up, I would buy or recommend the purchase of your boat to anyone in the market! Most boats you see are in disrepair, not yours!

Dave

----------

Congratulations Todd and Brenda - but it sounds quite bittersweet!!!! So does this mean you're going to actually settle down and like live in a house :0 LOL Never forget - when one door closes, another one opens :)

  • You SUCK!!!! But thanks for the laugh LOL

----------

Sounds like a good win:win situation. Another corner in life's journey.....you must be in shock!

Is it too early to ask about your plans now?

BTW.... Our new Burnt Store Condo will be empty in a couple of weeks and we go to Spain in a month! TWINS

  • hook, line and sinker....but I didn't think you'd abandon the Chesapeake.

...but you burst my bubble too! I was dreaming about someone dinghying over to TWINS in Boot Key and buying her next year!

Ciao TWINS

----------

Holly Shit!!!! What a surprise. Sad but a great deal for you guys and you can always do it again later. Do you need any transport or help with all your tings. Give us a call. Hope you can stop by and see us before you head north. All the best Bob and Phillis

----------

Terry posted something on your Wall and wrote: "Todd and sweet Brenda read your blog and I have to say I cried over you selling her, All I saw was pictures but I know she was a Beauty. Don't know what to say : Hope you find a bigger one? I'm in shock... I hope its a blessed move Love Terry Land dweller that admires those brave enough to sail the seas."

  • Terry commented on your wall post: "You RAT! I'm glad you got me, I was very sad Ha Ha I forgot about April fools. Happy GOOD FRIDAY Love you TWO!

----------

Hi Guys,

Just read you blog what a great result in selling Lifes2short although we were hoping to buy here in a couple of years for about 90K!!

It's always a tough decision but I think you made the right one to get back what you paid 4 years ago is a great result in this economy.

Doon and I are heading back to the USA to sell Bold Endeavour as we need to go back to work as the money is drying up!

We'll stay in touch and maybe catch up if you are around Florida in June - Sept

love us

Roy AND Doon

----------

OH NO, I just checked my mail! Or I guess oh no, for us and congratulations to you, (I guess)

How could you do this? We have been working on and just made a deal with Jay LeBow of Annapolis Sailyard and traded Bubbles III (37) for Nordic 42 (Bubbles IV). He had a 37 buyer in Tulsa and our plan is to fly to Annapolis to take deliver just after the 10th . We will re-provision (completely) as our new buyers are taking most of our old “boat stuff”.

We are so excited as this is a 42 with flybridge – water maker and all the bells and whistles for the Bahamas. We had hoped to surprise you and hook up with you around the 20th – 25th of April in the Bahamas.

Seriously, we are happy for you if this is truly what you want, but we had hoped to do the Bahamas with you and then give you a summer tour of the top half of the Loop (if you were willing).

Maybe we could meet up on our trip down the coast and you could fill us in on some do’s and don’ts. Also, could you fill us in on “your friends” list as we really feel we need some (a lot) of guidance. It would be great to hook up with some experienced Bahamas boaters

Don’t spend it all in one place (unless you buy another boat)

Have a Happy Easter

Roger

  • When Todd wrote Roger back with his “April Fools…..Gotcha” line, Roger then wrote:

DITTO!

So it looks like Roger also got Todd too!

----------

  • You guys got me. I bought it hook line and sinker. April fools.

By the way please put me on your email and blog list. I am no longer getting your blog emails from Lisa. She has decided that she needs to move on without me. I still want to stay in touch with you guys and hopefully get a chance to catch up with you on the east coast. I have some pictures from my Japan trip and some with the troll that I will try and send to you in the next few days.

Stay in touch. The number below is my cell phone so call and email me whenever you get a chance. Currently in NJ. Safe journey.

Steve Prengaman

----------

Saba Sebhat commented on your link: "I just read your blog...what's going on? I can't believe you sold, although it was a sweet deal. What are you guys going to do now? xo"

  • OMG!!!! I m gonna getcha

----------

You made a wise financial decision and now new adventures are on the horizon. Keep us informed through the blog and best of luck. Blake & Morele

----------

Christina Cooley commented on your link: "So.... does this mean that invite you made last week is now voided... Bummer."

  • Christina Cooley commented on your link: "Good one Todd, you spent alot of energy on that one. You still have it. You are the man, Old Man!"

----------

  • WOW IS RIGHT!!! Just when Ken and I thought we were going to be able to spend time with you on the Chesapeake Bay this summer. gives new meaning to SNOOZE YOU LOSE!! This news will take a while to "digest"--especially for the two of you. Real Estate is cheap in Steamboat now and getting cheaper : ) Love you Guys!! Cindy

Everybody thinks your a lowlife for that story about selling your boat!!!!!!

:-P

From your:

X Family

----------

I dunno. Save your $. I'm sad and glad. Sad, for no more happy blogs, unless you up-grade to a larger ship; glad, because you're too young not to "work." JHK is too far removed for the big recommendation for a JOB, but we could try. Meanwhile, don't forget us. We want to see and "do" for you.

Lovies, N.

  • Ho, ho. I hope to live until 4-1-11.

----------

Woodja sez-----HO HO HO----and you all are going for this on the 1st of april??????

-------------------------

Holy smokes!!!! What are you all gonna do now? I thought you just told me you were gonna cruise the Outer Banks & the Chesapeake. Keep us informed!

Veronica

  • hahaha You SUCK!!!!!!

Veronica

-------------------------------

Holy Toledo!! Talk about striking while the iron is hot...congrats!! As they say "a bird in the hand..." Sorry we never connected this winter. Wish you folks all the best in the future! Paul & Brenda Schlechter

  • Ooooooooo...that hurts!! Paul Schlechter

No comments: